Driver’s license suspensions are more complicated in Texas than other states. In fact, there are eight types of driver license suspensions. If you have your license suspended, hiring our legal services is the best course of action.
Types of Driver’s License Suspensions in Texas
If your license is suspended in Texas, we can help. We understand each suspension type. The eight types in Texas include:
- State surcharge
- Auto insurance
- Habitual violator
- DWI conviction
- DWI breath test
We Can Explain Your Options
License suspensions due to a DWI conviction are complicated. In this case, you have to return to court to request an ODL. The ODL is an occupational driver’s license. We understand this is often a stressful process. As a result, we can help apply to get one. This allows you to get to work and handle other responsibilities if it is granted.
Contact Us for Help
Due to all the types of license suspensions, you need legal help. Your suspension may also be civil or criminal, which complicates your situation further. We encourage you to contact us right away so you can learn what options you have.
Legal Representation for Dallas Driver’s License Suspension
When driving in Dallas (and other areas of North Texas) there are many reasons you may have your license suspended. We understand each of the types of license suspensions.
ALR – Administrative License Revocation
If you are pulled over due to a suspension of DWI, a breath test is requested. You can refuse or consent to take the test. If you agree and then fail, your license is suspended. If you refuse to take the breath test, you face license suspension that lasts for an even longer period.
If you are determined at fault and don’t have proper insurance, you have to pay the victim’s damages. Suspension of your license is your penalty until the costs are paid. You can pay all at once, or through an approved payment plan.
DWI Breath Test Suspension
Generally speaking, this suspension is the same as an ALR suspension. Refuse or accept, it’s your choice.
DWI Conviction Suspension
Any DWI conviction results in your license being suspended. This happens even if you receive a plea agreement. Our services can help you acquire an ODL. This is a temporary license. With it, you can drive to work and handle other responsibilities.
If you have many traffic tickets, there are often severe consequences. One is the potential of having your license suspended.
Certain medical conditions can result in a license revocation. This is not the same as a suspension. Certain conditions even lead to suspension for your lifetime. We can help you understand if your condition falls into these parameters.
No Auto Insurance
It is never a good idea to drive without proper insurance coverage. If you are caught two, or more, times, you face suspension.
State Surcharge Suspension
Texas is unique when it comes to license suspensions. Points against your license are related to State surcharges, which is essentially a tax on your DL. If you are convicted of a DWI, it means you have to pay additional surcharge payments. Do you owe state surcharges due to driving-related convictions? If so, you may face license suspension. The only way to do this is to create a payment plan. It is crucial you make arrangements to pay off the surcharges that you owe.
What Options do You Have in Criminal Suspension Cases?
We can help you understand the options available to you if your license is suspended. Each cause of suspension comes with specific actions to take. Being aware can assist in determining what you need to do.
- If you license is suspended as part of the punishment for a DWI conviction, you have to return to court. When you return, you can request an ODL for restricted driving privileges.
- For those who have two no-insurance convictions and have a suspended license, you have to contact DPS. Doing this allows you to acquire insurance coverage. It is also necessary to pay a fee for reinstatement of your license.
- Some people are convicted of excessive moving violations. If this is the case, you may receive a letter from DPS. At this point, you need to act quickly. When you receive your letter, make sure to contact us right away. Even if your opportunity to fight has passed, our legal team can still help you. We can help you apply to get an ODL.
What Options do You Have in a Civil Suspension Case?
There is also civil license suspension scenarios. We can help with these, as well.
- If you did not pay surcharges due to traffic ticket convictions, there is no way to contest the suspension. At this point, you can agree to a payment plan to cover the surcharges. This allows you to reinstate the driving privileges you had previously lost. However, if something was put on your driving record mistakenly, you do have options. You can contact DPS.
- There are options if you suffer license suspension because of the failure to pay a monetary award. You can set up a payment plan with the other person’s attorney. If the other person doesn’t agree, you can apply for an ODL in court.
We can Help You Apply for an ODL
When a person has their license suspended, it can create quite a bit of stress. Our firm can help. We can go to court to help you acquire an ODL. This allows you to drive to work and handle other responsibilities. To begin helping you, we need a copy of your driving record. We also need proof of insurance, which is provided by a form SR 22. Also, provide us with any other related case information.
We can help you with your license suspension issue. However, to get started, you have to contact us. We can help evaluate your case and determine the best course of action. If you need help after your license suspension, calling us now is the best thing you can do. Our team is here to help you.